Sunday, May 22, 2011

But my jeweler told me that…


A few days ago, a lady came to our store to see if she can sell her Diamond ring, with a quick look at the Diamond a saw a noticeable dark carbon, the Diamond had a nice size and a good color, but the dark carbon was too noticeable to ignore.
When I gave her a price, she was a little surprise, she told me that she paid about 4 times that amount, and that the jeweler told her that the carbon made the Diamond special (I guess he mentioned that it’s a proof that the diamond is real or something like that)
 Let me tell you a little secret, dark carbons or for that matter any blemishes don’t make a Diamond any special.
It is true that the Diamond inclusions proof that the Diamond is real, however they only decrease the value. If your head hurts it’s a proof that you have one, but it doesn’t make you any special.

No comments:

Post a Comment